Data protection and privacy statement
Sec. 1 – Information on the collection of personal data
(1) This text provides information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. “Personal data” means any information that can relate to you personally, such as your name, address, e-mail addresses, and user behavior.
(2) The controllers within the meaning of Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are Krešimir Potočki and Gerald Stockenhuber: managing directors, with representation authorization, of Asmmann elektronika d.o.o., Slavonska avenija 50, 10000 Zagreb – Croatia, assmann-elektronika @assmann.hr
You can reach our data protection officer at email@example.com or via our mailing address, adding “Der Datenschutzbeauftragte”.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or using a contact form, we store the information you communicate (your e-mail address and, where applicable, your name) in order to answer your questions. Providing further information is voluntary. This merely makes it easier for us to contact you to respond to your inquiry. We erase the data collected in this context once storage thereof is no longer necessary or restrict the processing thereof if there are statutory obligations of storage.
(4) If we utilize service providers who have been commissioned for individual functions of our site or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below regarding the relevant processes. We will also indicate the stipulated criteria that apply to the duration of storage.
Sec. 2 – Your rights
(1) You have the following rights toward us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- Right to access
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data.
Sec. 3 – Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When you use the website for merely informational purposes, meaning if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are necessary for us in technical terms in order to display our website to you and ensure the stability and security thereof (the legal basis is Article 6(1), first sentence, point (f), GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of query
- Time difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and interface
- Language and browser software version
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to the browser you use, and that provide certain information to the body that places the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot execute any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the website more user-friendly and effective on the whole.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and function are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. Session cookies store what is called a session ID, which can be used to identify different queries sent by your browser as belonging to the same session. This allows us to recognize your computer if you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified amount of time, which may vary by cookie. You can use your browser’s security settings to delete cookies at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences, including doing things like accepting third-party cookies or rejecting all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all of the features of this website.
Sec. 4 – Additional functions and features of our website
(1) In addition to purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you are typically required to provide further personal data, which we will use to perform the service in question and to which the principles of data processing mentioned above apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. We have selected these service providers carefully and have commissioned them for this purpose. They are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
(3) We may also disclose your personal data to third parties when we offer participation in campaigns, contests, entry into contracts, or similar services jointly with partners. Further information on this is provided when you provide your personal data or at the bottom of the description of the service being offered.
(4) To the extent that our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the service being offered.
Sec. 5 – Objection or withdrawal of consent to process your data
(1) If you have consented to the processing of your data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, this will affect the permissibility of processing of your personal data after you have notified us of the withdrawal.
(2) To the extent that we base the processing of your personal data on a weighing of interests, you can object to the processing thereof. This is the case if the processing is, in particular, not necessary in order to fulfill a contract with you, which is depicted by us in each case in the subsequent description of the functions. If you exercise this right to object, please let us know the reasons you do not wish us to process your personal data as practiced by us. If you issue a legitimate objection, we will review the status of matters and either discontinue or adjust our processing of the data or let you know the compelling legitimate grounds on which we continue the processing.
(3) You can, of course, object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your advertising objection at the following contact information:
Assmann elektronika d.o.o.
Slavonska avenija 50
Tel.: +385 1 466 03 08
Fax: +385 1 466 03 09
E-mail: assmann-elektronika @assmann.hr
Sec. 6 – Use of our Web shop
(1) If you wish to place an order in our Web shop, it is necessary for you to provide your personal data, which we need to process your order, in order to enter into a contract. Required information that is necessary for processing orders is marked separately; additional information is voluntary. We will process the information you provide in order to process your order. To this end, we may disclose your payment information to our bank. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1), first sentence, point (b) GDPR.
We can also process the data you provide in order to inform you of other interesting products from our portfolio or send you e-mails containing technical information.
(2) Due to provisions of commercial and tax law, we are obligated to store your address, payment and order information for a period of ten years.
(3) To prevent unauthorized access by third parties to your personal data, especially financial data, the ordering process is encrypted via TLS technology.
Sec. 7– Analytical tools
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a Web analytics service from Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files that are stored on your computer and enable analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of this website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the United States, where it is stored. In the event that IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will, however, shorten your IP address within member states of the European Union or in other states that are signatories to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA) beforehand. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the United States and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to analyze your use of the website, compile reports on activity on the website, and perform further services for the website operator associated with the use of the website and Internet use.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent cookies from being saved by adjusting the settings of your browser software accordingly; we do, however, point out that in this case, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website in full. You can also prevent the information generated by the cookie with regard to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being collected and provided to Google and from being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the addition “_anonymizeIp().” This truncates IP addresses before they are processed further, so there is no possibility of identifying individuals. To the extent that you are personally identifiable based on the data collected regarding you, this kind of identification is immediately ruled out and the personal data are thus erased right away.
You can also prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking the link below. This will place an opt-out cookie on your computer that prevents your data from being collected when you visit this website in the future:
Deactivate Google Analytics
(5) We use Google Analytics in order to analyze the use of our website and make regular improvements. The statistics gained allow us to improve our products and services and make them more interesting to you as a user. For the isolated cases in which personal data are transferred to the United States, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework). The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6(1), first sentence, point (f) GDPR.